Thursday, August 11, 2011

Things Missed

I miss stimulation. Both academic and social. I miss sitting in coffee shops and exchanging life views with its inhabitants. I miss pondering the wonders of the world and discussing philosophy. I miss writing essays and analyzing literature in lecture. I miss adult conversation, drinks on the rocks, and PG 13 movies.

I am stuck in the land of make-believe. Mr. Rogers and Dora the Explorer hold me hostage. Chicken nuggets and cheesy Mac are the only items stashed in cupboards. Hannah Montana blares on the radio 24-7. Barbie marries Ken daily. Ponies talk, Lego men fly. Mario never dies. This land is magical for those who have yet to lose their innocence, but I am imprisoned here. I desperately want out, for my brain is rapidly turing to mush.

I miss stimulation. When does school start?

1 comment:

  1. I'll be there to rescue you from kiddy land this Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete